Thursday, February 22, 2007

Vista review of most unusual flavor . . .

This has been copied around the web today, but I present to you the one and only original as written by .

"I wake. For a moment, I stare at the ceiling trying to remember something. Something important. Something important happened last night, but the details escape me. Something fascinating yet sinister, like touring the CIA offices. Something exotic yet somehow familiar, like putting hot sauce on meatloaf. I wonder if I have a hangover. I wonder why I am thinking about the CIA and meatloaf. I roll onto my side.

There is a strange woman in bed with me.

[. . .]

She gets out of bed and stretches, perfect curves sliding under silky lingerie and momentarily making me forget about breakfast, meatloaf, and whoever it was I was married to before last night. She seems to know this, and smiles at me again, but apparently she's serious about making breakfast. She turns and strides confidently from the room. As she does, I see for the first time the large Microsoft logo splayed across her back. My stomach lurches as I suddenly remember everything.

Windows Vista. I bought a new computer yesterday... and it came with Windows Vista."


Read the full review: "So Beautiful, so Disturbing."

Oddly, now that I've read this wickedly twisted impression of the newest operating system from Microsoft, I feel a strange compulsive attraction, nay, even a hint of geeky lust, as I gaze at my Aeroglass interface sprawled wantonly across my 22" flatscreen.

.