Sunday, April 29, 2007
Don't break that Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb!
More grumbling about CFL's after my last mini-rant.
"Bridges had the misfortune of breaking a CFL during installation in her daughter's bedroom: It dropped and shattered on the carpeted floor.
[ . . . ]
The DEP sent a specialist to Bridges' house to test for mercury contamination. The specialist found mercury levels in the bedroom in excess of six times the state's "safe" level for mercury contamination of 300 billionths of a gram per cubic meter. The DEP specialist recommended that Bridges call an environmental cleanup firm, which reportedly gave her a "low-ball" estimate of US$2,000 to clean up the room."
Posted by Rob S at 3:08 PM